It’s easy to see the reasons why having a date or boyfriend on Valentine’s day would be desirable, but it’s much harder to see the reasons why being single on a day meant for couples has its benefits. Let me break it down for you – here are 10 solid reasons why it’s more fun to be single on Valentine’s Day:
1. The gym is basically empty
2. You don’t have to share your chocolate
3. You don’t have to share your wine either
4. Less money spent on a boyfriend = more money for workout clothes
5. You can watch Beyonce’s Single Ladies video 8 times
(and then bust out some inspired squats sans judgement)
6. Heart-shaped pizzas have a smaller surface area, so lovers get less pizza
7. You don’t have to buy a super-tight fitting dress to try and fit into…or super expensive spanks to help…
8. You can binge watch the Bachelor and remember it could be worse. You could be getting dumped on TV for millions of people to watch.
9. You don’t have to shave your legs (!!!!!)
10. You can go to sleep at 9:30 if you want. Sleep = Gainz.