I stocked up on A LOT of canned beans during the early days of COVID-19, including beans I don’t usually eat, like cannellini beans or white beans. As I made my way through my stores, I quickly realized I bought way more beans than anything else and was going to have to get creative to make my meals. Some quick googling led me to this recipe, which I then tweaked slightly to make my own and work with what I had on hand. It turned out delicious and was ridiculously easy. Comes together in about 15-20 minutes.
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can mixed vegetables, or 1.5 cups veggies of your choice
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Heat the minced garlic in a deep pan until fragrant
- Drain the cans of beans and rinse well with water, then add to the pot
- Drain the vegetables and add to the pot (if using fresh, increase your cooking time and cover the pot)
- Add the marinara sauce and cook uncovered for 10 minutes
- Chop the fresh basil leaves and add them to the pot
- Cook for 2 more minutes then serve
This makes about 5 servings depending how you dish it up, and you can easily add in more ingredients if you want. I recommend serving with garlic bread!